Quantum is a highly-reputative, fast-growing company. We’re experiencing a continuing increase in demand for our services from existing and new clients, and we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Quantum you will be the link to clients and both internal and external consultants as well as contractors. In this role you will be responsible of managing projects end-to-end and supervising other members of the team.
You’ll take part in the development of projects, ensuring they are planned, implemented, and delivered in a timely and professional manner whilst simultaneously maintaining coordination between the client and other relevant partners.
What are you going to do?
- You’ll be preparing detailed cost analyses based on architectural drawings, engineering specifications, evaluating materials required, and labor involved assisting design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects within budget.
- Creating tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors. You will also maintain cost control through all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure plans.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and be responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- And much more besides 🙂
You will be based at our office in Kgs. Lyngby together with the rest of Quantum’s team. A place where there’s no micromanaging, opportunities for the individuals and enough space to be all that you can and want to be.
Your days will vary between desktop work, virtual meetings and in-person interactions, while you also from time to time will need to travel to meet the clients or contractors in person and construction sites where relevant. Since the projects we manage are different by nature your regular working day will be different as well.
We provide the opportunity to lead a number of high profile and exciting projects with the prospect of building strong business relationships with the clients behind them. We provide a high degree of autonomy and the opportunity to manage a developing team.
Regardless of which level you join us, we treat our employees with care and respect – providing them with the necessary tools to approach their work with pride and the challenges for their careers to thrive.
Besides the competitive base, we provide staff benefits including:
- Loyalty based extra holiday every two years
- Flexible working conditions/hours
- Company paid lunch when working at the office
- Frequent social events both in the office and out of the office
You have an academic background in Quantity Surveying or perhaps an education more related to the construction field. You have minimum 10 years of relevant experience from the industry alongside a track record of running own projects. You should demonstrate initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritize and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail.
As you will be managing projects of different nature it is crucial that you’re able to cooperate at varying levels in our organization, that you demonstrate empathy and have strong collaboration skills.
Like us, you must be professional, proactive, and ambitious and constantly striving to be one of the best by developing your skills.
You must also have an affiliation with a professional body such as the RICS.
Apply for the job now - perhaps you'll join the Quantum team.
Please attach CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to enquire or request further information on the same email address.
Applications will be processed, and interviews held on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you.